What is Saket Bed and Breakfast?
Saket Bed and Breakfast is a relaxed, friendly hotel that's wearing a jaunty hat that says "home sweet home"!
We're laid back, but professional and believe in comfort and style over stiff formality.
We've got lovely rooms with shiny white marble floors, solid wooden furniture (not that tacky plywood and veneer stuff!), comfy beds, sleek bathrooms that big hotels would be jealous of, and all the comfortable trimmings you'd normally expect - satellite TV, electronic in-room safes, and of course (FREE!) WiFi.
We serve a great breakfast from 7:30 till NOON - one should sleep in on holidays!
We've got eggs on order anything you like (you name it!) | muesli & cornflakes | white, brown and multi-grain bread | 8 different types of jams and preserves the good stuff - made from real fruit | Peanut Butter | Nutella | Cheese | Indian-style parathas with 3 different types of specialty pickles | Juices by Tropicana, Hot Chocolate from Cadbury, world-famous Indian chai and gourmet South Indian fresh-ground coffee.
We've also got a tea/coffee and cookie setup on every floor ~ in case you fancy a cuppa at 1 AM!
For lunch and dinner, we're surrounded by good restaurants, lounges and bars in a 3 Km radius everything from Gourmet Indian and excellent South Indian to Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Lebanese and European options, plus the usual fast-food/comfort-food places. Luckily, most places offer-home delivery if you want to stay in, or you can give us a heads-up if you want an authentic home-cooked Indian meal!
Where are you located? And how do we get around?
Saket Bed and Breakfast is located in the heart of green, park-filled Saket in South Delhi.
Close by, you will find:
- - Some of Delhi's best malls (DLF Place,Select Citywalk and MGF Metropolitan)
- - 3 multiplexes showcasing the newest Hollywood and Bollywood releases.
- - Plenty of green space, including the Garden of Five Senses, local parks and Delhi's only Pay-and-Play Golf Club (Lado Sarai Golf Club)
- - And of course, one of Delhi's best known historic monuments - The Qutub Minar.
With the opening of the Delhi Metro a minute's walk away, it has easy access
to almost anywhere in Delhi, including most major tourist spots. Check out the delhi metro map: http://www.saketbedandbreakfast.com/img/metro-map-phase2.jpg
There are also a number of options to conveniently hire taxis for a few hours or a few days (trip to Agra or Jaipur?).
The rates for taxis range according to requirement and type of car, but most are reasonable and we only refer service providers that have been previously used and/or recommended by our guests.
What is the area around Saket like?
Delhi is a massive megapolis. South Delhi is considered it's active and most exciting part.
As the center of the city moves further south, Saket has flourished over the past 20 years. While crowded Old Delhi is considered central/north, the south is modern with plenty of new shops, restaurants and entertainment hubs. A large number of architecturally beautiful monuments are also located in South Delhi.
Most of Delhi is accessible by metro. We're lucky to have the Saket metro stop only 8 houses away from us! There are also numerous taxi stands close by and auto-rickshaws can be hailed off the street.
Close to Saket you'll find:
(5 - 10 minutes drive time)
- The Garden of 5 Senses (with 5 really awesome restaurants!)
- The historic Qutub Institutional Area and "Style Mile" where all the hottest new restaurants, night-spots and designer boutiques are setting up shop in restored old "havelis" (old mansions).
- The boutique Crescent Mall hosting some of the India's best fashion names
- The Lado Sarai Golf Club (Delhi's only pay 'n play golf course)
- The Lado Sarai Village teeming with new art galleries
- 3 huge shopping malls with multiple food courts, restaurants and theaters. - also nearby, hotels like The Sheraton, Hilton Garden Inn and Country Inn
(15 - 20 minutes drive),
- Quaint, artsy, gallery-and-restaurant-packed Hauz Khas Village,
- The enormous Sarojini Nagar Market (great for cheap street shopping)
- The equally large Lajpat Nagar Market
- Dilli Haat with its ever-changing handicrafts market and cheap-eats regional food-stalls
- The posher GK1 and GK2 markets that host great restaurants and some brilliant Indian stores (check out FabIndia!).
- Upcoming Indian designers in Shahpurjat Village
- and Nehru Place with it's massive electronics market
Other than shopping, food and partying, there are more monuments than you can count in South Delhi. We suggest digging into a guide book to find what you'd like to see. The rest, we can recommend!
How far are you from the airport? How do we get to you?
Saket Bed and Breakfast is roughly 17 Km from the Indira Gandhi International Airport. This translates into roughly 20 45 minutes of travel time depending on time of day and traffic conditions.
We recommend taking a pre-paid or metered taxi from the airport to Saket Bed and Breakfast. These are fairly priced and are available from the arrivals lounge no matter the time of day or night.
At Terminals 1 and 3:
- - There are Private Metered Taxi providers - Meru and EasyCab (better taxis)(recommended)
- - There is also a slightly cheaper Government Authorized Pre-Paid Taxi stand.
Depending on terminal, time of day/night, number of bags and service provider, rates will vary between Rs 350 and Rs 600 to reach Saket.
To reach Saket Bed and Breakfast:
The nearest landmark is PVR Cinema at Saket which is up the road from us
Detailed driving directions from PVR can be found on:
*We recommend printing these directions so your taxi driver can follow them*
If you need to get to us from anywhere else, you can map a route to us from Google Maps from this link
What are your tariffs?
A Single Occupancy Room is Rs 3900
A Double Occupancy Room is Rs 4500
Breakfast is included as well.
An extra bed and breakfast is Rs 750
These rates include all applicable taxes.
Credit Card charges may apply.
What about early check-ins and late check-outs?
Our Check Out time is 12 Noon and Check In time is 2 PM.
If it's not, and you're arriving early, you can
If the room is available before 2 PM, we're happy to offer it early to you at no extra charge.
- 1. Drop off your bags and come back later
- 2. Relax in our lounge and watch TV, read a book, surf the net or have something to eat
Late Check Outs are subject to availability and charge.
How do I book?
Simply email us your dates at email@example.com and we'll get back to you in a jiffy with availability.
Once you confirm you want the room, we'll send you a secure online link that allows you to use your credit card to pay us through our bank's website.
See you in Delhi!